Did you know that there are thousands of chemicals used in the manufacture of personal care products, not to mention the additional cosmetics and sundries, used by both men and women today? I read somewhere there are as many chemicals in our bath and cosmetic products as are in our cleaning cabinet. This is not good!
Very few of these chemicals found in our personal products are regulated by the FDA. They contain everything from hormone disrupters to carcinogens of all kinds. They can cause severe rashes, allergies and worse. You are probably wondering why I am alerting you about the products we all use. It all comes back to information, knowledge and how to eliminate them from your system, i.e., detox. So let’s identify some of the more common toxins. There are many potentially dangerous and very common ingredients to avoid when purchasing and using any personal product. The most hazardous ingredients to keep an eye out for:
• Triclosan – This is found in hand sanitizers, soaps, deodorants, toothpaste and mouthwash. It is a hormone disrupter and causes immune system shut down.
• Parabens – This is a preservative found in shampoos and lotions. Also a hormone disrupter, linked to allergies, reproductive and developmental irregularities.
• Retinyl Palmitate – This is used in good items as it contains vitamin A however it speeds up the skin’s ability to sunburn leading to skin malignancies.
• SLS and SLES – These chemicals are found in toothpaste, skin cleansers and even shampoo. Due to a necessary process using ethoxylation, dioxane is created. This combo is particularly deadly as it is cancer causing and toxic to both the respiratory system and the kidneys.
• Fragrence – Or, aroma, pthalates or parfum. These contain several chemicals, legally undisclosed, that cause allergies, skin disruption and hormone disrupters. Replace this with the use of essential oils.
These and other topical and environmental toxins gain entry into our bodies via the lungs, from food, absorbed by skin or even through a new mother to her fetus. It is safe to say we are all in a state of complete toxic overload. Small exposure from many daily toxins eventually incapacitate our ability to detox. As we accumulate deadly toxins our immune systems weaken and we become ill sometimes with deadly consequences. So what is the solution to toxic overload? I began to really watch what I put into on top of my body. I also really try to eat organic as much as possible and I take an Infrared Sauna five out of seven days a week. The use of an Infrared Sauna is by far the easiest and most pleasurable way to accomplish a thorough detox.
There is a layer of fat and oil that exists just below the surface of our skin. The Far Infrared light within the sauna resonates with the water molecules, in our bodies, within these fat cells. This energetic activation of the water molecule stimulates the fat cells to excrete toxins. These toxins will be released through the skin’s sweat glands as a result of the high temperature from the sauna. As sweat and oil are released, the toxins dispersed within them are secreted as well. After a shower or bath these toxins are then washed off our body and the toxic load on our body is lowered and cellular health improves. Our body’s oil glands help release oil-soluble toxins that the body would otherwise have a difficult time eliminating. We live in a world filled with oil-soluble toxins such as gasoline, solvents, pesticides, ingredients in toothpaste and all sorts of personal care products. Our bodies are simply not equipped to dispose of these efficiently. The longer the skin and organs are heated, the more oil-soluble toxins are released.
It is true that not all of our personal products are harmful however, most of them contain harmful chemical components. Knowledge is power so it would be best to always read what you are using and constantly be aware of the ingredients they are composed of. Choose ingredients with botanicals, oils and salts first. Once you find the products that suit you and are safe by all means stick with them. Additionally take an Infrared Sauna as many days of the week as possible. There is simply no better avenue for overall protection from chemical overload and thus detoxification!