Did you know there are an estimated 700 industrial chemicals found in the average blood circulating throughout your body? When I heard that one I totally freaked out! I realized I needed to remind myself why I take a daily sauna – and I’d like to remind you why Far Infrared Sauna therapy (FIR) remains an absolute must for a healthy lifestyle. These saunas provide an abundance of health benefits, including prevention and healing from disease, pain relief, weight loss, anti-aging, and major detoxing from heavy metals and chemicals. Not only that, FIR improves circulation, boosts metabolism and aids in a better nights sleep.
I thought I might compile some tips for how best to utilize and reap benefits from Far Infrared Therapy:
– Begin your sauna therapy slowly. I started with between ten and thirty minutes a day. After awhile this time can increase to sixty minutes total. Best to limit to an hour, tops. Also, starting slowly allows your body maximum ability to detox slowly.
– Take your time to comfortably work up to a daily sauna. It takes about one year to totally detox while using the sauna if not every day at least every other day. After that maintaining your healthy body is as simple as a couple of saunas a week.
– It’s important to properly hydrate with pure, fresh water both prior to and after a session. This cannot be stressed enough. You will feel better and your detox will go faster.
– Best to wear as little as possible in the sauna. I wrap a towel around me, others wears bathing suits. Naked is best but if that is uncomfortable or not possible wear the minimum amount of clothing – you’ll have better results.
– It is recommended you shower prior to using the sauna. This does open pores however, I find it’s too time consuming. I prefer to shower afterwards. It gives me time to cool down slowly and wash off all the toxins in the sweat I produced. Be sure to use organic, chemical free soaps. You don’t want to add additional chemicals into your bloodstream.
– When you are done and relaxing try to lie down and allow your body to readjust. You will be pleasantly surprised at how well you will sleep.
– When in doubt it is always best to ask your health practitioner about your sauna use. Those who have chronic illnesses or issues with diabetes or heart conditions have found a great deal of improvement in their situations after sauna use. Infrared Sauna Therapy is particularly great after chemotherapy when suffering with cancer.
If you use these tips to help you enjoy and better utilize your Far Infrared Sauna your detox will go more quickly, you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated and you will not believe how well you will sleep.